When is it enough?

I am always struck by the wealth of it all. The wealth of information we have access to; the wealth of our community and country; the wealth of some individuals.  I don't necessarily mean money or stuff.  I think I mean just the volume.  How much do we really need...of anything?  There is so much of everything, yet some still don't have enough.  How is that?
I have my own theory about why I have so much and someone else doesn't.  I would like to hear what others think.
How does this apply to compassion fatigue?  Good question!!
We seem to always want more.  Some of us always want to do more.  We never seem to be satisfied with what we are already doing.  We work in a helping field; nurse, dr., paramedic, addictions counsellor, teacher, and so many others, giving so much of ourselves professionally.  Then we sometimes feel guilty because we are not on the school committee, the hospital board, the food bank fund raising group, we don't sponsor a child in New Guinea, and so on.  Oh yes, and we are never doing as much as the neighbour or friend or co-worker who does everything!!  You know the one.  The parent that coaches, is chair of several committees, knits hats for newborns and makes sandwiches for every funeral in town!!  We have a cousin who adopted a child from China and gave a kidney to her nephew...come on...I've got nothing on that!!

I have come to accept, somewhat, that I am not that person nor will I ever be.  I am learning to accept I only want to be me and I can just work on being the best version of me.

I have a close friend who is one of those people and I have admired all she does for everyone else.  She never used to say no.  As we became closer friends over the past few years, I discovered she felt obligated to do so much and sometimes resented what she did.  One Christmas Eve, she was shopping and came upon a person whom she knew and discovered he would be alone for Christmas.  She invited him to her home for Christmas dinner.  I knew she was already overwhelmed with the personal and professional issues in her life at that time.  When we talked about why she might do this at a time in her life when she was overwhelmed, we discovered together she might only measure her self worth by how much she did for others.  Therefore, the more she did for others, the more worthy she might think she was.  The problem was, it never seemed to be enough.  The other thing we discovered it was never for herself, it was always about someone else.  Really, she didn't think she was worthy of love and generosity for herself...yet everyone looks at her and wants to be her???
There is always more ways to help,more lives to save, more fund raising to do, more injustices to correct.  I have to decide how much I can do, who I can help today and what cause will receive my time and when.  It is a struggle every day with the fund raising requests, the commercials about the orphans, the calls from the telemarketers, the jar at the cash for the dogs, and so and so on.  I am trying to identify one thing each year I can try and do which has always been on my list.  I gave blood this year.  I have told them to call me once a year, no more than that.  Maybe I could give blood more often, but this is a start for me.  I will pick something else next year.
I say this every day...
 I have enough, I do enough, I am enough

You are enough.

Let me know what you struggle with trying to be the best version of yourself.
Christa

22 Comments to When is it enough?:

Robin Cameron on October-05-11 3:20 PM
Christa! You are such a light in this world. It is so inspiring to see you sharing your message with the world. I can't wait to see what you do next. R

ShowBox App on April-07-18 3:17 PM
thanks for sharing such a nice post

Kodi App on April-07-18 3:18 PM
thanks for sharing such a nice article keep sharing with us man please download this app

Lucky Patcher App on April-07-18 3:18 PM
thanks for sharing such a nice article keep sharing with us man please download

Windows 10 Tutorials on July-27-18 4:28 AM
Now you can get online tutorial for how to hide taskbar in windows 10 online.

resume services online on July-27-18 6:38 AM
Every work has a limit and you need to respect that limit. Stop your self when you think it's enough for you and for your friends.

ShowboxTVApp on August-16-18 7:48 AM
Do not stop when you are tired stop when you are done. This saying will let you set a goal. ShowboxTV App | Gadgets wright site

Mantis on September-16-18 7:31 AM
Wind blows hardest at the top. Don't let it make you quit. Blokada for firestick

annismith on September-24-18 6:03 AM
Why Some Pages Load Slow When Using Pi-hole And How To fix it

creditcardlogin on September-27-18 4:19 AM
creditcardlogin : A mainstream physical retail goal, and also a go-to goal for on the web and application customers — works 1,100 retail chains in 49 states.

RedBox TV on October-09-18 5:46 AM
RedBox TV Best Streaming App. RedBox TV is a FREE live streaming App where you can watch your favorite TV channels anytime. It has 1000+ live channels.

Chinmoy Pratim Borah on October-14-18 7:54 AM
thanks for this regards, https://installvidmate.com https://downloadluckypatcher.co https://tutuappvip.co

Chinmoy Pratim Borah on October-14-18 7:55 AM

Chinmoy Pratim Borah on October-14-18 7:56 AM

http://dragoncityhack2018.pen.io/ on November-08-18 6:28 AM
easy to hack the game.

Showbox Online on November-20-18 5:00 AM
Installing Showbox is fast and trouble-free and the app can support Android, iOSm Blackberry and Windows PC. Interface of Showbox app is nice-looking and recognizable; you can get uncomplicated access to app menu to right to use settings and customization. Showbox app takes hardly some seconds to install on your devices and within just instant, you are equipped to take pleasure in free entertainment right on your device. Watch latest movies and TV shows uaing Showbox for iphone is somewhat a worthwhile offer for entertainment fans. showbox apk download

clash royale mod apk on December-03-18 9:22 AM
nice bro just too good, I like the article thanks .

Coc Mod on December-03-18 9:22 AM
nice and thank you

Panda Helper on December-12-18 11:07 AM
What is Spotify++? Spotify++ is a tweaked version of Spotify for iOS and Android devices. What can you expect from tutuapp Spotify++? Everything that offers the standard version of Spotify including disabled ads, Spotilife, enabled seeking, no forced shuffle, unlimited skips, enabled extreme quality stream and option to import songs from Music app. Everything else looks the same. From Tutuapp Spotify++ you have access to Home with popular playlist, Browser where are available new releases, concerts, podcast, popular charts, Search where you can find favorite songs, Radio with genre stations and of course Your library where is your favorite music. Spotify++ is available for download via Panda Helper, AppValley, or Tutuapp.

Mihan on December-26-18 12:34 AM
This is interesting! I enjoyed reading your great post zalo download

Sample on December-30-18 1:13 PM

cheapessay247.com on February-16-19 5:19 AM
You know very well The parent that actually coaches, is chair of several many committees, knits hats for new-still burns and makes new sandwiches for every funeral in your town!!