A little more history...

This is awkward...
It feels strange to be talking about myself.  One thing I have learned is when you share a piece of yourself it allows others to do the same.  Everyone has a story and each is as valuable as the next.
I started to realize a few years ago my attitude was getting very negative, everything was a fight; from my son's school issues to co-workers ignorance, to bosses harassing me, to the bank balance and my 13 year old was giving me more attitude than I could put up with!!  I was tired all the time, I felt useless and misunderstood on a daily basis and I saw my clients as poor decision makers just taking up my time.  Can you imagine how ineffective I was at work and at home?
There finally came a day when a client spewed obscenities in my face when I was telling her she was right!  Wow...I knew I had to step away from it all.
Of course when I took some time off work and other activities, I figured they would drown without me. I was sure school projects would fall apart and none of the things I was working on would get done!!  What a surprise...everything went on fine, I wasn't even missed.  Hmmm...
I started reading.  I read about human behaviour, conflict, biographies of great thinkers, and then found books about self care.  The first and most important lesson I learned is...ready?...
I am where I am because I put myself there.
From that point on I gathered as much info as I could about how I got to where I was and how I could move out of the place where I was and back to being the caring and empathic professional I was before.
When I went back to work a couple months later, I started to look at things differently.  Shortly after that, I went to conference in Kingston and attended the workshop about compassion fatigue put on by Françoise Mathieu, from Workshops for Helping Professions, and I found my new path.  When she describe the symptoms of compassion fatigue I became emotional because she was describing me as if she had been walking beside me the previous year or so.
I told her I was the poster girl for compassion fatigue and that moment has brought me to here.
I hope my story can help someone else find their way...

17 Comments to A little more history...:

Buy Jennifer Lope on December-19-17 4:04 AM
We can get more tips with this compassionforyou blog about people working in trauma continue to do the work. Some days my exercise is lifting more compassionate not perfect,keep sharing.

www.essayprime.co.uk on December-19-17 4:05 AM
I am so happy to peruse this. This is the sort of manual that should be given and not the arbitrary deception that is at alternate sites. Welcome your sharing this best doc.The author clearly describe each and every part of the article with good language and information.

Krogerfeedback on August-10-18 6:06 AM
People who experience compassion fatigue can exhibit several symptoms including hopelessness, a decrease in experiences of pleasure, constant stress and anxiety, sleeplessness or nightmares, and a pervasive negative attitude.

law assignments help UK on September-13-18 6:26 AM
I read your life history, it is too funny and amazing and I like read stories of past life of peoples.

Essay Writer UK on September-17-18 7:07 AM
Memories are bound with people. Childhood had many memories, and it's difficult to choose one. There are many I have many memory with people like my parents, friends, school, etc. One day during my summer vacation my mother doing his essay wring and I was cutting and playing with vegetable and mistakenly I cut my finger. The cut was not that severe, but it started bleeding.(Not much, but a little)

cute summer quotes on September-19-18 9:53 PM
People who experience compassion fatigue can exhibit several symptoms including hopelessness, a decrease in experiences of pleasure, constant stress and anxiety, I like this post that amazing and interesting. Thanks for share! Visit my home: sunny day quotese

australianessays.org on October-04-18 3:55 PM
The speaker has given out good words which are very much helpful one to the students who are willing to write their assignment work by their own without going or taking help of professionals. In one way it is very good thing but if it is first time than they should be taking help of their department professors.

Hard on October-12-18 12:09 PM
After visiting here you will be able to know how you can easily know how do i fix connections to bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays in windows 10 mobile as it is an upgraded feature of windows 10. So if you are facing same problems so get help of this platform.

Write My Custom Essay For Me Cheap on October-17-18 6:57 AM
I have to be pretty impact full one to read all the important strategic details which can be a great deal of stuff to read here hope to come across more relevant sources

Programming Assignment Help on October-29-18 1:15 AM
Looking for someone write my programming assignment here are Expert assignment helpers are well efficient and capable of creating unique assignments for college or university students with programming assignment help.

Bulero on November-16-18 12:07 AM
That's reall an amazing post. Thanks for letting us know about it. barbie doll games

Viduca on November-19-18 6:01 AM
Thank you for posting such a great article! I found your website perfect for my needs. download ibackupbot

Car accident Claim expert on December-03-18 2:25 AM
This is so much awkward because the point which you have highlight.

Mens Instyle Leather Jackets on December-22-18 4:04 AM
The speaker has given out great words which are especially useful one to the understudies who will compose their task work by their own without going or taking help of experts. In one way it is beneficial thing yet in the event that it is first time than they ought to take help of their area of expertise educators.

cheap dissertation writing service on January-10-19 2:27 AM
This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger. I’ve joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your fantastic post. Also, I have shared your website in my social networks!

Jason Bravo on January-31-19 9:03 AM
I am glad to read about ay baba g here.

Blaze cc payment on February-13-19 12:56 PM
good job with this post. When you share it gives others the courage to share as well.