Do you have a long list of things you want to do and can never seem to get done?
Changes you have committed to making, yet don't make them?  Those many New Year's resolutions?
Some of mine;
-giving blood regularly
-register to donate organs if I die
-organize my income tax papers better
-get more quinoa in my diet
- more exercise
-quit biting/picking my nails

Yes, some of these things have been on my list a very long time and some of them have been on my list more than once!
I have made many positive changes in the last few years.  It is not easy.  It is a decision every day, actually every moment of every day, to commit to myself.  I try to remember,
I really try not to give up totally if I slip up.  I keep trying to make small, small changes that can make a big difference over a longer period of time.
Some of us need a buddy and some of us are better alone.
One of the things I find helpful that I read about in one of them any books about self improvement is to make a list regularly of what you do well.  Some do a gratitude journal or a weekly list of what went well.  I've spent years looking or thinking about the list of what I haven't done or changed.  It is a mind shift if we change our focus to what we are doing well.  When I felt better about what I was doing, it seemed to be easier to implement more changes because I spent time remembering there are lots of things I have done well for me and my family.
Try it.
Have you;
quit/reduced amount of drinking wine after work (or before)
starting walking
kept to one coffee in the morning
shopped less
cooked more
started getting to work/appts on time
organized a closet
started meditating
stopped procrastinating

Sometimes quitting or reducing is as important as starting, depending what it is.  Take stock of your successes.  I bet there are more than you think.  I learned about leaning in to change from Kathy Freston, vegan, author, speaker.  I try to apply it to whatever change I try to make.  I don't believe it has to be all or nothing.  Some is okay too.

6 Comments to What is really holding you back?:

hdffffd on October-27-17 2:32 AM
hfghfghmy world

Benjamin on November-25-17 7:51 PM
Christa, you are a hell of a writer! You will be a great fit in our team at best assignment writing service uk reviews. Good luck in your future!

VAT in UAE on January-10-18 5:22 AM
Did you know, from 1st Jan 2018 the Value added tax (VAT) has been launched in United Arab Emirates. I am also planning for this.

Write my Assignment for Me on January-26-18 7:50 AM
So much has been composed on profitability propensities. We have been given arrangements of the best applications to inspire us to work and articles on the mornings of the best individuals on the planet. We are informed that awakening early is ideal and that multitasking will make us less gainful.

do my assignment for me on February-20-18 3:12 AM
We've got the best application arrangement to inspire our morning work and articles on the best of planet Earth. We were told that early awakening is ideal and that multitasking will make us pay less.

Essay Writers UK on March-01-18 7:34 AM
I discovered your site ideal for my necessities. We are educated that enlivening early is perfect and that multitasking will make us less beneficial. a commitment of appreciation is outright to sharing, keep it up.